Energy-Efficient Wireless Networks and Connectivity of Devices – DensificationSep 22 2013 · 0 comments · Phase II Project
This is a strategic Sino-Finland collaboration project. The main focus of the project is in the mobile network and terminal energy and spectral efficiency. While both aspects strongly depend on the system software and hardware implementations they also depend on the design, planning and management of both network and terminals.
In this project we study
- Energy and cost effective hardware and technology solutions(WP1),
- novel network planning and service provision aspects (WP2),
- innovative local area, device-to-device and relaying solutions (WP3), and
- capacity boost and energy efficiency of heterogeneous networks (WP4, WP1, WP2).
The objective is to develop the insight on the key factors affecting to the energy and spectral efficiency, and to design new hardware solutions, algorithms, control structures and network planning approaches achieving the desired objectives. Main results are published as scientific articles in top international conferences and journals. Project will be carried out in collaboration with the Chinese research projects in Sino-Finland framework.
EWINE is continuation of the three wireless projects (ECEWA, NETS2020, JADE) and wireless and core pillars
Joint research plan between the two Finnish sub-projects (Densification and Systems) and Chinese partners.
- Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT), Southeast University (SEU)
- University of Electronic Science and Technology (UESTC), Hebei University of Technology (HUT)
- Shanghai Research Center for Wireless Communications (WiCO), University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT).
The Finnish academic partners are
- Aalto University
- Tampere University of Technology
- University of Oulu