posts displayed by tag
Sensing City Traffic
Ubiquitous and proactive value creation
Joint Research Project
Aalto University BIT (Business Innovation Technology) Research Centre and
Chinese Academy of Sciences,
Guangzhou Municipality, Helsinki University, Moduco, Ajeco, Accenture and Nokia
This joint research project is a part of the vital and safe living environment research theme area and has a specific focus on smart transportation systems. The project aims, in general, to deepen the research collaboration between China and Finland and, more specifically, to (1) help Finnish and Chinese SMEs and large corporations like Nokia to build capabilities for capitalizing on smart transportation systems in China and (2) contribute to an improved understanding of smart transportation systems and their applications in Finland and the European Union.
- GreenCampus LivingLab
- Aug 2013 – Jun 2016
- To develop an internet based monitoring, evaluation and benchmarking platform to be used in the performance assessment and continuous commissioning of buildings in various university and research campuses. Pilot implementation will take place in Tampere and Otaniemi campus areas including numerous buildings used by TUT, Aalto University and VTT, respectively.
- At the same time, one mirror platform will be constructed in China together with Chinese partners (Tongji, Tsinghua, etc.). After pilot implementations GreenCampus platform will be opened for new universities in order to create a global climate combat example for higher education and research facilities.
- The GreenCampus will be demonstrated as an eco design model for higher education and research facilities and will be used as a LivingLab plarform in common R&D&I projects
GreenCampus Platform for China-Finland R&D&I Living Lab
International Green Campus platform
We are developing a platform for low cost, low energy, intelligent everyday sensing.
- Internet of Things technologies connect sensor nodes, other embedded devices and mobile terminals into the system. Different communication alternatives are investigated.
- Cloud Computing technologies are used for storing and processing the data produced by the devices and to realize services. Data analysis methods are developed as well.
- Social networking services disseminate the applications and the data.
- The developed solutions are integrated into concrete pilots that are tested in real environment.
- Commercialization is targeted. Moreover, our aim is to continue the work in larger projects after this one.
- Aalto University
- Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT)
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST)
- Oulu ICT
- Shanghai Jiao-Tong University (SJTU)
- Tsinghua University
- University of Helsinki
- University of Oulu
Workshop for discussing the potential of advanced technologies in improving the quality of life of the ageing population. China – Finland joint opportunities and platforms, including Active Aging initiative, to be discussed. The workshop brings together experts from universities, research institutions, companies, public sector entities, and NGOs to share their experiences and ideas on joint research and development.
Thu, 2012-11-01 (All day)
Sino-Finnish Centre (Aalto-Tongji Design Factory), Shanghai
Due to limited space and interactive nature of the sessions, the participation is by invitation only. If interested, please send email to:
matti.hamalainen (at) tivit.fi and junying.zhong (at) aalto.fi with your contact details and description of your interest in a few lines.
Co-organized by TIVIT / China – Finland ICT Alliance and Aalto University.