International Senior Industry Expo Summit Forum in Beijing, December 2012Dec 21 2012 · Events
The Beijing Expo and Forum was important event in explicitly recognizing the potential of Ageing Society Services also as a basis for very large and emerging industry with invited experts from the relevant Ministries, the Beijing City Government, Companies, NGOs and academia.
Two new entities were launched that are relevant for business oriented R&D&I with already ongoing joint projects involving Finnish companies and universities for piloting and research.
1) Beijing Innovation Alliance of Aging Service Industry
- Beijing Bureau of Civil Affairs
- Beijing Academy of Science and Technology (BJAST)
- Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Commission
2) International Research Center for Service Innovation for Elderly People (IRCSI)
- Beijing Research Center of Urban System Engineering (BRCUSE/BJAST), China
- Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Engineering (Fraunhofer IAO), Germany
- Aalto University, Finland, as Key University Partner
Matti Hämäläinen is facilitating the linking IRCSI with international research partners in Finland, Europe and US.
“Moving Forward in Research, Development and Innovation for Seniors: The China-Finland ICT Alliance and the Active Ageing Initiative as Open Platforms for Involving International Partners”.
The elderly services industry actors are now being linked with the China – Finland ICT Alliance, and the linking of international research partners to IRCSI in Beijing is also facilitated.
In December the work for setting up a new TIVIT Business Ecosystem: Elderely Care and Active Life (ECAL) was stared together with SalWe and with Tekes joining. Beijing is one key target and partner for it.
The key target and partner for ECAL is China and the companies include Active Life Village (ALV) as “integrator” and those companies who have been involved in the 2010 launched Sino-Finnish Active Ageing Initiative (by Aalto, ALV, Laurea and Espoo) and in Tekes funded Active Life Home project of ALV.